Today is a good day in my world, because today I get my cast off!
Today is also a good day because I’m finally sharing that I was nominated (several times…aww you guys) for the Sunshine Award! I decided to do the questions that one of my best blends Becky over at Olives n’ Wine picked out for me. Thank you for nominating me, Becky, and more importantly thank you for being a great friend!
- Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
1. What is your first memory in life?
The first thing I can remember is living in Washington. We moved there when my mom was pregnant with my brother and stayed until we moved to Sacramento and I started Kindergarten at age 5. I don’t remember much of anything before Andrew was born, since I wasn’t even 2 when he showed up :-P. Some vivid memories that stick out are Christmas morning in our living room when I got my first bike, playing toy guitars in the basement, and barfing on the floor in my parent’s room. Haha. Sorry, parents!
2. What has been the best vacation you have ever been on and what vacation are you looking forward to in the future?
I don’t know if it counts since I technically lived there, but studying abroad in France was the best decision I ever made and probably made me feel more “me” than anything else I’ve ever done. My favorite cities I visited that year were Barcelona, Prague, and Marseille. I don’t have any vacations planned, but I’m hoping to visit Becky sometime this year in Chicago, her new home!!
3. What is your preferred type/brand of coffee?
No coffee for me! Even though I actually do love the taste, my stomach can’t handle the acidity of coffee, so I usually drink green tea. If I’m out at a coffee shop, I’ll sometimes get flavored iced coffee or a chai latte. I also really like Starbucks tea+lemonade drinks, and their Refreshers!
4. Flowers or chocolate?
Chocolate, hands down. Can I eat flowers? NO! That being said, I do like to buy myself flowers because they really help brighten up my apartment
5. What is your normal bedtime and wake up time?
Generally, I try to be in bed before 11:30 and I set my alarm for 7:30. On the weekend, I will sleep for 9-10 hours if I have nothing scheduled to wake up for I love sleep!!!
6. When going out, do you wear your hair up in a pony tail or down?
Don’t have much of a choice, since my hair is pretty short- down! Even when I had long hair, though, it was always down…I think I was brainwashed by my mom, who has total blonde hair envy, and has always ordered me to “Wear your hair down! I don’t know why you’d hide it, it’s so pretty!”
7. Favorite form of exercise?
Gawd I never thought I’d say this, but running! You can do it anywhere, and it makes you feel awesome afterward. I also find it really encouraging to regularly engage in an activity that forces me to say “You can do this. You’re strong. You got this!” over and over in my head.
8. Favorite place to shop?
I love H&M, but there are none close by.. So probably Macy’s? I also get a lot of work clothes from Express.
9. Do you have a favorite cuisine to eat when dining out? What is it?
Anything that is considered foodie-approved, I would probably like haha. I also love all kinds of ethnic food. So the short answer is: no. I don’t have a favorite!
10. Broccoli. Yay or nay?
Generally yay. Though soggy frozen broccoli is not the business
My 10 questions:
- What 3 items are must-haves in your grocery cart every week?
- If you could live in any city, no questions asked, which one would you choose?
- Do you spend more money on food or clothes?
- Have you ever broken any bones?
- Fad diets: yay or nay?
- Knowing what you know now, what is one piece of advice you’d give to 18-year old you?
- What is your dream career? (Props if you currently have it :-P)
- If you could choose one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite part of your body?
- What is the “signature dish” that you cook best?
My nominees: (I’m pretty sure a bunch of you were already nominated- oops! Just know I think you’re fabulous!)
- Emily at Have Your Cake And…
- Sara at Fitcupcaker
- Alisha at Alisha’s Appetite
- Courtney at Courtney Em
- Deb at It’s All About Me Fitness
- Kate at Quarter Century Southern Living
- Julianne at Life Off Leash
- Kelli at Made in Sonoma
- Carly at Snack Therapy
- Arlene at Adventures in Cooking, Weight Loss & Life
Wish me luck at the Orthopedics department today! I don’t exactly have the best track record there…